Pork Stroganoff – Comfort Food Perfection
Ah, the comforting embrace of pork stroganoff. Bursting with succulent pork and hearty mushrooms, this classic dish is sure to satisfy. Whether you’re looking to delight dinner guests or just treating yourself on an ordinary evening, this is an easy-to-prepare meal that gets you to the dinner table with remarkable promptness.
– 1 lbs boneless pork, cut into thin strips
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon paprika
– 1 (14.5 oz) can strained tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups sour cream
– cooked egg noodles for serving
– freshly chopped parsley for garnish
1. Start by heating a large skillet over medium high heat and adding your pork strips. Cook the pork, stirring occasionally until all sides are golden.
2. Remove the pork and set aside. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown.
4. Return the pork to the skillet and stir in the chicken broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and strained tomatoes.
5. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
6. In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour. Add this to the pork stroganoff and cook until thick.
7. Lastly, stir in the sour cream until combined.
8. Serve the pork stroganoff over cooked egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.
When it comes to comfort food, you can’t beat a classic pork stroganoff. A unique floral aroma of the sautéed mushrooms, coupled with the tender pork and velvety cream sauce, mingles harmoniously to make this recipe blissfully tantalizing. This storied recipe has its roots deep within Russian and Eastern European culture, yet it has become a favorite among many cultures around the globe. If you’re looking for a pleasing meal that packs a flavorful punch, pork stroganoff will certainly do the trick.