Korean Ground Pork: A Mouth-Watering Introduction to Korean Cuisine
Tantalizing and succulent, Korean Ground Pork is a delectable staple of the Korean culinary tradition—a dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds from the very first bite. Blending an array of flavors and textures, this simple and exquisite dish is an ideal way to awaken your appreciation of Korean food.
– 1 lb. ground pork
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste)
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– 2 teaspoons grated ginger
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 scallions, minced
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and ground pork. Cook the pork until it’s no longer pink, stirring frequently.
3. Add the soy sauce, gochujang, sesame oil, ginger, and sugar. Stir everything together and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
This traditional Korean dish is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors, using the interplay of gochujang and sesame oil to create a dish that’s both familiar and new. The delightful burst of umami from the pork and the subtle sweetness of the onion work perfectly together, making this a dish that any cook should be proud to add to their repertoire.
Korean Ground Pork is a perfect example of the creativity and complexity of Korean cuisine, blending an array of seasonings to develop something truly special. It’s difficult to find a dish more representative of its cultural roots, as well as being a great departure point for further exploration of Korean cooking. Furthermore, it’s a great dish for a home cook to practice some basic cooking techniques and gain a better sense of flavor balance.
Korean Ground Pork is a wonderful way to introduce yourself to Korean cuisine, a culinary adventure that promises to expand your horizons with every meal. Give it a try and embark on a journey you’ll never forget!