Savory Broccoli Pork Stir Fry
Broccoli pork stir fry is an amazing tasty recipe that offers a special way to enjoy earthy broccoli, savory pork, and the pungent flavors and aromas of the Asian seasonings. This dish packs a flavorful punch and can be served over steamed white rice, or plain noodles. During the preparation, take advantage of the colorful ingredients, array of textures, and conjoining of flavors, by utilizing fresh and local ingredients as much as possible.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a shallow dish, whisk together 1/2 cup of broth, cornstarch, sugar, and Chinese five-spice powder.
- Add the pork slices to the bowl, and stir to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the marinated pork slices and spread in an even layer. Spread the minced garlic over the pork. Cook the pork slices without stirring, until they begin to brown and caramelize, about 3 minutes.
- Toss pork with a spatula to flip over and let cook another 4-5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-high and add the broccoli florets. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup broth over the mixture, and stir to incorporate the oyster and soy sauces, and sesame oil.
- Bring ingredients to a bubbly simmer and let cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the broccoli is cooked through, serve it over steamed white rice or plain noodles.
Created with an array of rich and vibrant flavors, this savory broccoli pork stir fry is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner. Easy, flavorful, and so delicious – it’s no wonder why this dish is a staple in Asian cuisine. Enjoy this delicious broccoli pork stir fry and savor every savory bite!