Those Mouth-watering Southern Roast Beef
Do you want to discover the tantalizing secret to a deliciously succulent, tender and juicy roast beef? Look no further, as we’re here to share with you the Southern style way of roast beef. This is a recipe straight out of the kitchen of a family living in a small Southern town, shared through generations.
Southern Roast Beef is an extraordinary dish that is made with chef-like precision and unique ingredients. And the result? An ultimate comfort dish that is oh-so-good! Not to mention that it’s bursting with flavor and succulence. What’s more, it takes less time and fewer ingredients than most recipes demand. It’s the kind of meal that will have your family and friends coming back for more.
– 4lbs boneless beef roast
– 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– ½ teaspoon of oregano
– ½ teaspoon of ground mustard
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1-2 cups of beef stock
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, salt, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, and ground mustard. Rub this seasoning blend all over your beef roast.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the beef roast in the skillet and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
4. Transfer the roast to a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock and cover.
5. Bake the roast for 1 to 2 hours, depending on the size of the roast, until the internal temperature reaches 145-160°F (depending on your preference).
6. Once out of the oven, let the roast rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve the roast beef alongside mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad for a tasty and complete meal.
Now, you’re ready to really impress your family and friends. Southern Roast Beef is an amazing, juicy dish that is equally pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. It’s a simple yet decadent dish, perfect for special occasions. Bring a bit of Southern allure to your dinner table and be sure to wow all of your guests!