If you’re looking for an impressive and delectable dish to make for a special occasion, try making this Beef Kidney Stew. The combination of robust flavours and exotic ingredients makes it absolute culinary perfection.
Beef Kidney Stew
– 1 kg of beef kidney
– 1 large onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 carrots
– 500ml of beef stock
– 1 teaspoon of ginger
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
– 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pot over medium heat. Add the beef kidney and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and ginger to the pot, and cook for a further 3 minutes until softened.
4. Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and smoked paprika. Stir to combine.
5. Bring the pot to a gentle simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Place the pot in the preheated oven, and bake for a further 30 minutes.
7. Serve the stew with freshly cooked rice and a side of steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
The great thing about this Beef Kidney Stew is that it offers an incredibly unique and delicious combination of flavours and textures. The savoury beef, sweet carrots, and smoky paprika create a delicious medley of tastes and smells that will have guests’ mouths watering.
By no means a traditional dish, this is a modern twist on a classic beef stew that’s sure to impress. If you fancy exploring more culinary cultures, why not experiment with some unusual ingredients? For example, try adding star anise to the mix, or adding jalapeños for an added kick.
Beef Kidney Stew is the perfect way to enjoy a tasty, toasty meal on a chilly night. Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!