A Filipino Favorite – Beef Sisig
Beef sisig has earned its place as one of the treasured dishes of the Philippines. A favorite savory dish among locals, it is a hearty meal that bursts with flavor and aroma. Perfect for special occasions or just for a comforting dinner, beef sisig is sure to satisfy your taste buds!
– ½ kilo beef sirloin, diced
– 2 medium onions, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 6 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
– 1 lemon, juiced
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, red bell pepper and garlic, then cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add in the diced beef sirloin and cook until the meat turns brown.
4. Add soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper and toasted sesame seeds, then stir to combine.
5. Put the beef sisig in a baking dish, then squeeze over the lemon juice and mix everything together. Pop it in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve the beef sisig with a side of steamed rice and enjoy!
Beef sisig is a unique Filipino dish that has been enjoyed for decades. It is the perfect mix of savoriness, spiciness and sourness that you can’t get enough of. With a delicious medley of ingredients and a mouth-watering aroma, beef sisig makes for an ideal, heartwarming meal.
Whether you are a Filipino food connoisseur or new to the cuisine, this simple and flavorful recipe is sure to wow your tastebuds. If you’re looking for more Filipino favorites, add pork sisig and margarita sisig to your list and take your culinary journey one step further!