Sous Vide Corned Beef: A Deliciously Tender Take on a Timeless Classic!
Nothing compares to the flavor and texture of a perfectly cooked cut of corned beef. The delightful combination of smoky, salty, and sweet is difficult to beat. But let’s be honest, corned beef can sometimes be a bit of a hassle, with boiling and baking required to get that perfect texture. Enter sous vide corned beef, an incredibly delicious and simple way to prepare this timeless classic.
-1 beef brisket, preferably grass-fed
-1 litre of beef stock
-2 tablespoons of course sea salt
-2 tablespoons sugar
-2 tablespoons paprika
-1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
-2 tablespoons coriander
-4 cloves garlic
1. Place the brisket in a vacuum-sealed bag, and pour over the beef stock.
2. In a container, mix together the salt, sugar, paprika, pepper, and coriander.
3. Rub the mixture over the brisket in the bag.
4. Place the bag in a sous vide bath, set to 142°F (or 61°C).
5. Cook for 12–18 hours, until the beef is meltingly tender.
6. Meanwhile, finely grate the garlic to make a paste.
7. When the beef is cooked, remove it from the bag and pat it dry.
8. Spread the garlic paste on top of the brisket and place it in a hot skillet.
9. Sear the beef on both sides and serve.
This sous vide corned beef recipe is all about patience and precision. It is slow-cooked, vacuum-sealed, and adds a deep and delicious flavor as a result of spices and garlic. It is a great way to get a perfect cut of meat every time with minimal effort. The result is a superior tenderness and texture that cannot be achieved with traditional oven roasting.
This spin on a classic is sure to impress the whole family. The long slow-cooking process creates a flavorful and juicy cut, with a unbelievably fork-tender texture. It’s the perfect way to make a tried and true favorite in a unique and special way. Enjoy!