Kosher Corn Beef: A Classic and Delicious Holiday Favorite
Brimming with savory flavor, fragrant spices and a welcome hint of sweetness, Kosher Corn Beef is a delicious and classic holiday favorite. For over a century, this traditional Jewish dish has been enjoyed at holiday celebrations around the world, bringing a savory, sumptuous feast to any gathering.
If you’re looking for a truly memorable and authentic main course, look no further than Kosher Corn Beef. This delicious recipe, featuring juicy beef brisket, fresh vegetables and a peppery brine, offers a welcome departure from the ordinary. Best of all, with a little advance planning, this mouth-watering dish can be prepared in no time at all.
– 3-5 lb. beef brisket
– 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
– 4 bay leaves
– 2 tablespoons whole cloves
– 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
– 1 teaspoon peppercorns
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 2 quarts vegetable or chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Begin by preparing the brine. In a large pot, combine the vinegar, stock, sugar, salt and spices. Heat the mixture over medium heat and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
2. Add the brisket to the brine and simmer for 2 hours, adding more liquid as needed. The brisket should be just barely covered with liquid.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, garlic and bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the brisket to the Dutch oven, coating it with the vegetables. Cover the pot and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 4-5 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender.
5. Remove the brisket from the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the meat alongside the cooked vegetables. Enjoy!
There is something so comforting and cozy about Kosher Corn Beef. As the fragrant aroma of the beef, vegetables and spices fills your kitchen, you can’t help but feel as though you’ve been magically transported to a holiday celebration in some faraway land.
The flavors in Kosher Corn Beef draw from diverse culinary traditions that include Eastern European fare and old-world Jewish cooking. Whether you’re celebrating Hanukkah or just want a delicious family meal, this classic dish is sure to be a hit!
For more sumptuous recipes that bring together diverse cultural influences, be sure to check out our recipes for [Glazed Carrots with Orange and Ginger](https://www.example.com/glazed-carrots-with-orange-and-ginger/) and [Choco-Spice Cake](https://www.example.com/choco-spice-cake).
Bon appétit and happy cooking!