Do you suddenly feel like treating yourself to something special yet delicious? Well then, you’re in luck. I have the perfect solution – deli corned beef. Whether you choose to cook it yourself, or pick it up from a local deli, this meat dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave your mouth watering.
The deli corned beef is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. Although traditionally popular in Ireland, it has made its way to the United States and across the world, where it has become an American staple.
Not only is deli corned beef delicious, but it’s also a great way to use your leftovers. It only takes a few minutes to prepare in the morning, and the leftovers can easily be reheated for a quick lunch or dinner.
* 1 ½lbs brisket
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cups red wine
* 2 medium onions, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
* ½ teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rub the brisket with olive oil and place it in an oven safe dish.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the red wine, onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper, cumin, brown sugar, allspice, and crushed red pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the brisket and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
5. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and cooked through.
6. Remove the aluminum foil and bake the meat for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the surface turns golden and crispy.
7. Serve the corned beef hot with your favorite sides.
Deli corned beef is truly a special dish, and it’s perfect for special occasions and family gatherings. Plus, its unique cooking method gives it a delicious and unique flavor that you can’t find in other recipes. So next time you’re in the mood for something special, give this classic dish a try. You won’t be disappointed.