A Delicious Taste of Thailand: Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with a truly spectacular dish from the Far East? Thai Coconut Lime Chicken is here to give your palate the experience of a lifetime!
This dish hails from Thailand and is traditionally made with a rich balance of sweet and savoury flavours. The combination of creamy coconut milk and zesty lime juice creates a divine taste that is hard to resist. It’s a winning combination of East-meets-West, of fragrant herbs and spices and a fragrance not to be forgotten.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp red curry paste
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp chili flakes
2 scallions sliced
– Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
– Add the chicken, garlic, ginger and onion. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are softened, approximately 5-7 minutes.
– Add in the red bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
– Reduce heat to medium and add the coconut milk, red curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and chili flakes.
– Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
– Serve over steamed white or brown rice with a garnish of chopped scallions.
Thai Coconut Lime Chicken is a gem of a dish, sure to transport you to a far-off getaway. This fragrant and colourful dish appeals for its combination of traditional Thai ingredients and exotic aromas, making it a standout standout in any menu.
Thai cuisine has a special place in my heart, and this luscious dish is my very own homage to it. The beautiful blend of sweet and savoury, coconut richness and lime brightness make it an endless source of comfort food while simultaneously pleasing the eye.
If you’re looking for more Thai inspired dishes, may I suggest tasting a light and delectable Thai Green Curry or coconutty Thai Basil Fried Rice. Regardless of what you choose, I can guarantee it will satiate your hunger and tantalize your taste buds.