Authentic Thai Green Curry Recipe
Thai green curry is a spicy, flavorful dish that is easy and enjoyable to make. This fragrant, traditional Thai recipe is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds and fill your home with enticing aromas. Enjoy it with freshly cooked jasmine rice or noodles for a complete and satisfying meal.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1-2 teaspoons green curry paste (depending on desired spice level)
• 1 green bell pepper, cubed
• 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Toppings, such as additional fresh basil leaves, cilantro leaves, sliced green onions, and lime wedges (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant.
3. Add green curry paste and bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are coated with the paste.
4. Pour in coconut milk and stir in fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a gentle boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and add vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add chopped basil and cilantro and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve warm over jasmine rice or noodles, with desired toppings. Enjoy!