Chef Up This Smoky Apple Chicken Hello Fresh!
Treat your taste buds to a flavor burst with this easy-to-follow Smoky Apple Chicken Hello Fresh recipe. The smokiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the apples combine to create a lovely balance of flavors that bring life to your dinner table.
This recipe draws on both European and American influences, creating an interesting mix of flavors and cooking methods. The crisp and crunchy bacon, rich and fragrant apples, and tender chicken come together in a rich, smoky broth. Topped with parsley, this dish will get the taste buds tingling and the mouth watering.
If that doesn’t sound appealing enough, this recipe also adds a unique touch of complexity. The unique interplay of flavors helps to create new and intriguing culinary experiences that you don’t get with plain chicken recipes.
To create this delicious and unique dish, start by browning chopped bacon in a large skillet. Remove the bacon and set aside. To the same skillet, add some butter and onions and sauté until softened and fragrant. Add in the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned. Remove the chicken and set aside.
Then, add the apples to the pan and sauté for a few minutes before adding in the bacon, chicken, and white wine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes until the apples are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Season with additional salt and pepper, and top with parsley.
Serve this with a side of mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or fresh crusty bread. Enjoy a unique flavor experience with this Smoky Apple Chicken Hello Fresh!
Given the complexity of the flavors, this dish goes well with a rosé or chardonnay. A fruity, dry red wine can also work well.
– 6 slices of bacon, diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 4 (5 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Salt and pepper
– 2 apples, peeled cored, and diced
– 1/4 cup white wine
– 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter and onions. Sauté until softened and fragrant.
3. Add the chicken to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the apples to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes before adding the bacon, chicken, and white wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
5. Cook for about 20 minutes until the apples are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Season with additional salt and pepper, and top with parsley. Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or fresh crusty bread. Enjoy!