Stolichnaya Salad: A Classic Russian Dish with a Modern Twist
If you’re looking for a flavorful, nutrient-packed side dish to pair with your favorite savory main, Stolichnaya Salad might just be the perfect fit. This classic Russian dish is a delightful mix of sweet and savory flavors, blended together with a simple vinaigrette dressing. Bursting with fresh ingredients like cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots, this dish is guaranteed to add a colorful punch to any meal.
Though the recipe originates from the country of Russia, it draws inspiration from a variety of cultural influences including East Asian, German and Ukrainian. The combination of these influences creates a truly unique and flavorful salad – one that you won’t find in any other part of the world.
– 2 large cucumbers, diced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 large carrot, diced
– 1 red onion, diced
– 2 cups cooked quinoa
– 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl combine diced cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, and red onion and set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour this mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
4. Add cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
5. Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
With its bright colors, blend of sweet and savory flavors, and complex blend of international influences, Stolichnaya Salad is a delightful departure from the ordinary. If you’re looking to add a burst of color to your dinner table, or a cultural twist to your meal, this classic salad is just the thing you need. If you’re feeling ambitious, kick up the complexity with other unique ingredients like diced apples, cranberries, or raisins. No matter what variations you add, Stolichnaya Salad is sure to be a hit. Enjoy!