Classic Carol Chicken Salad
This classic Carol Chicken Salad is the perfect mix of crunchy and creamy. A family favorite for generations, this recipe has been tweaked for today’s modern palette. It’s bursting with flavor and always sure to delight.
A unique combination of ingredients, this classic chicken salad is a great way to use up leftovers. It requires minimal prep, making it perfect for weeknight meals or when you can’t be bothered cooking.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the chicken, celery, walnuts, cranberries, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad until chilled, at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is inspired by Carol, a dear family friend who brought this amazing concoction to many a gathering. It has since become a staple in my households and I can guarantee that you’ll be returning to this dish time and time again.
The mix of crunchy walnuts, sweetness from the cranberries and pungency from the garlic all make this a unique sandwich spread. Perfect at a picnic or on toast for breakfast, it can be easily adjusted to your tastes by adding extra lemon juice or garlic, depending on what you love.
This Carol Chicken Salad embodies everything great about classic comfort food. Whip up a batch for your next family gathering, or keep some in the fridge for a quick weeknight meal. Enjoy!