Are you looking for a delicious and vibrant salad recipe that is packed with nutrition and bursting with flavor? Look no further! Our Spaghetti Squash Salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds and add a unique twist to your salad routine.
This salad combines the delicately flavorful, spaghetti- like strands of a spaghetti squash, with all the great tastes of a classic salad, including a mix of fresh sweet tomatoes, tangy onions and crunchy cucumbers. Unconventional yet exciting, adding a few of your favorite spices ramps up the flavor while creating a bit of perplexing mystery.
Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1 spaghetti squash half
- 2 sweet tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of herbs of your choice (parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place halves cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add a few tablespoons of water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove foil and set aside to cool.
- With a fork, scoop out the spaghetti-like strands. Place the strands in a large bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, garlic powder, herbs and black pepper.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Drizzle over salad and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
This Spaghetti Squash Salad is the perfect way to add a bit of variety to your meal. With its unique combination of flavors and textures, it will certainly become one of your favorite recipes! The mild flavor of the squash and the spicy kick of the herbs make it an intriguing yet satisfying meal.
For an added twist, you can also mix in other vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. Additionally, you can substitute however much or little of the herbs that you would like, depending on your own preferences.
If you’re looking for a unique twist on your salad routine, this is the recipe for you. Give it a try and you may just find yourself surprised (in a good way!) at how amazing it tastes!