Snow Pea Salad – A Refreshingly Tempting Choice for a Summery Meal.
Nothing kicks off a summer meal like a cool, refreshing salad and this snow pea salad ticks all the boxes! It’s made with fresh vegetables, including snow peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes, and has a zesty flavor that’s sure to please the taste buds.
• 2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced
• 1/2 large cucumber, diced
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Pinch of freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the snow peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well blended.
3. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
4. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve.
This simple and delicious snow pea salad is a great way to make the most of fresh, seasonal ingredients. It’s light and crunchy, with a deliciously tangy dressing that really brings out the flavour of the snow peas. With its bright colours, it’s sure to be a standout on any summer table!
For a twist on this classic snow pea salad, try adding a few raw almonds for a little crunch and sweetness. Or you could try using crispy bacon instead of the red wine vinegar for a more savoury flavour. You can also switch up the herbs and use basil or oregano instead of parsley or cilantro.
This snow pea salad makes a great side dish to accompany a summer barbecue, or you could serve it as a light lunch with some crusty bread. Or why not try it with grilled fish or chicken for a healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy.
So why wait? Try out this lively snow pea salad and be sure to savour the famed mouth-watering flavours of the summer!