Rudy’s Potato Salad: A Tasty, Classic Recipe
Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or need a side dish that’s sure to please, Rudy’s potato salad is a must-try. The flavors of this traditional dish are the perfect balance of creamy and crunchy with a light and tangy citrus dressing, bringing together a crowd-pleasing combination.
-6 medium potatoes
-3 celery stalks
-1 small red onion
-1 bell pepper
-1/4 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup sour cream
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-1 tablespoon white vinegar
-1 tablespoon of sugar
-Salt and pepper to taste
-fresh parsley and chives for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, carrots and celery, allow to cool, then peel and dice into small cubes. Place them in a large bowl.
3. Peel and dice the red onion and bell pepper, then add to the bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Then pour the dressing over the potato mixture and mix until evenly coated.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper, then garnish with parsley and chives.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Rudy’s potato salad is a classic recipe that’s sure to please any crowd. For a special touch, add a couple of strips of cooked bacon or diced hard-boiled eggs to the finished dish. To spice it up a bit, try adding a teaspoon of chili powder or horseradish to the dressing. Need to make it dairy-free? Simply substitute vegan mayonnaise and sour cream for a delicious vegan version.
Inspired by the classic American salad, Rudy’s potato salad is tweaked with unique additions like bell pepper, red onion and citrusy notes, making it a truly memorable dish. It’s sure to be a hit at your next event, so try out this recipe today!