Tantalizing Purple Potato Salad – Including the Most Unusual Ingredients
Do you think summer sides need a little pizzazz? If so, we’ve got just the thing for you! Today we’re introducing our delicious and unique Purple Potato Salad, made with a variety of vibrant and tasty ingredients. The combination of spices and flavors is a tantalizing surprise and will keep your taste buds happy all summer long.
This creative potato salad recipe is easy to put together, offering a unique take on a classic summer side dish. The purple potatoes alone make the dish extra special, and the combination of flavors really packs a punch. We’ve included some unique ingredients, such as toasted sunflower seeds, celery, and cranberries, to amp up the flavor profile.
- 5-6 Medium Sized Purple Potatoes
- 3-4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Cup Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and add the purple potatoes. Boil for approximately 15 minutes or until nearly tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. While they are still warm, add the celery, sunflower seeds, cranberries and dressing. Mix everything together.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
This potato salad has a lot going for it. Not only is it colorful and tasty, but it’s full of nutrients and it’s quick and easy to prepare. The combination of the purple potatoes, celery, sunflower seeds, and cranberries are full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can help boost total health.
The spices and flavors used in this dish also give it a uniquely delicious flavor. The sweet-tangy combo of the apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard give the salad a delicious richness. While the curry powder, turmeric, and black pepper provide a nice balance of flavor.
If you’re looking for something different and delicious to serve up this summer, look no further than our purple potato salad. It’s sure to be a hit with family and friends!