Make Your Own Diabetic Chicken Salad For A Delicious Meal
Are you thinking about making a delicious meal that’s also suitable for diabetics? Then you have to try this delicious diabetic chicken salad!
Vibrant and flavourful, this easy-to-make salad is bursting with tasty flavors and nutritious ingredients. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken and vegetables, making it a great way to save time and money in the kitchen.
– 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
– 1 cup vegetable broth
– 2 celery stalks, finely diced
– 4 green onions, finely sliced
– 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon honey mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– A handful of chopped fresh parsley
– A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a medium pot, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat.
2. Add the diced chicken and celery and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Place the cooked chicken and celery in a large bowl and add the green onions, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey mustard, salt and pepper.
4. Mix everything together until well blended.
5. Add the parsley and cilantro and stir to combine.
6. Serve cold and enjoy!
This diabetic chicken salad is easy to make and a great way to enjoy a meal that’s free from refined sugar and carbohydrates. It’s a great way to enjoy the traditional flavors of a chicken salad with the added benefits of being diabetes-friendly.
For added crunch and flavor, you could also add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit such as cranberries or raisins. This salad goes great with some whole grain crackers or on top of a bed of leafy greens for a more complete meal.
For other diabetic-friendly recipes, try my Avocado and Quinoa Salad, or my Lentil Soup. Both are equally as delicious and sure to please any palate.
If you’re looking for a tasty and diabetes-friendly meal, give this diabetic chicken salad a try!