Indulge in a Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
Time to satisfy your sweet-tooth craving with this decadent chocolate chip bread pudding recipe! A classic dessert, bread pudding is a great way to finish any meal. To make this classic dish a bit more decadent, why not add a handful of chocolate chips? Perfected through numerous trials, this recipe will provide you with a delicious, warm, gooey delight.
– 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
– 4 cups of stale French baguette cubes
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons of grated orange zest
– 2 cups of whole milk
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 2⁄3 cup of sugar
– 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, vanilla extract and orange zest.
3. In a separate bowl, melt butter in the microwave, then add it to the egg mixture.
4. In a saucepan, mix together the milk, cream and sugar, and heat over medium-high heat until just before boiling.
5. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking to combine.
6. Place the bread cubes in the greased baking dish, then pour the custard mixture over the bread.
7. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and bake for about 35 minutes.
8. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
This bread pudding takes a classic dessert to the next level of indulgence. The combination of orange zest in the custard and semi-sweet chocolate chips added on top adds a unique flavor that will transport your taste buds to a new culinary level. The custard is warm and creamy, while the bread gets gooey in the middle – the perfect texture combination.
Bread pudding is a classic, comforting dessert around the world, going back to Ancient Rome. To make the recipe your own, try adding different types of dried fruits or nuts. Depending on where you are, the recipe might even vary in the type of bread used, from white bread to wheat bread, brioche or even croissants! Have fun playing around with the recipe and making it your own.
So, don’t wait. Whenever you’re craving something sweet, why not make a comforting and delicious classic with a unique twist? Enjoy your very own, homemade Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding!