Tantalize Your Taste Buds with Homemade White Bread
Nothing beats homemade! Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, you can use this simple yet delicious white bread recipe to make the perfect loaf. You’ll be amazed by the amazing aromas that fill the kitchen and the incredible taste of the freshly baked bread.
White bread is a classic bread recipe around the world, with some variations in ingredients and preparation methods. This traditional recipe uses a combination of all-purpose flour, vital wheat gluten, active dry yeast, sugar, salt, vegetable oil and warm water. The dough should be kneaded for about 10 minutes before being left to rise. Once doubled in size, it will become light, airy, and delicious.
– 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
– 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
– ¼ cup sugar
– 2 teaspoons salt
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– 2 cups warm water
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, wheat gluten, dry yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the vegetable oil and warm water into the center of the bowl.
4. Use a wooden spoon to blend the ingredients together until everything is combined in a thick dough.
5. Grease a large bowl and transferring the dough inside the bowl.
6. Using greased hands, knead the dough for 10 minutes.
7. Grease the top of the dough and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
8. Let the dough rise for about 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch bread pan.
10. Remove the plastic wrap and punch the dough down.
11. Place the dough in the prepared bread pan.
12. Bake the bread for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
13. Let the bread cool before serving.
Fresh, homemade white bread is a classic crowd-pleaser. Try adding some olive oil and herbs, mixing in some oats and seeds, or topping with some garlic butter for extra flavor. Get creative with your white bread – you can even replace some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or rye flour for a unique twist.
So what are you waiting for? Break out your wooden spoon and get baking! You’ll love the aroma of this traditional white bread recipe and the flavor it puts on the plate. Enjoy!