Delightful Bread Halwa – A Flavorful Fusion of the Finest Indian & Arabian Ingredients
Tantalizingly sweet and grabbable, Bread Halwa has become a worldwide favorite! This delicious dish is a unique fusion of Indian and Arabian flavors, offering a distinctively exotic taste experience.
Ingredients for a Delicious Bread Halwa
To make a delectable Bread Halwa, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 4 slices of white bread
• 2 cups of white sugar
• ¼ cup of clarified butter (ghee), melted
• ½ cup of almonds, slivered
• ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
• 4 tablespoons of raisins
• 2 teaspoons of rosewater
• 2 cups of whole milk
Instructions to Create an ethereal Bread Halwa
1. In a large vessel, combine the sugar, milk, cardamom powder, and melted ghee.
2. Heat the mixture on low-medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens to a sauce-like texture.
3. Now, add the raisins, almonds, and rosewater, along with the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and add the slices of bread. Whip the mixture until the bread forms a thick and creamy halwa.
5. Garnish with a few more slivered almonds and serve.
An Explosive Bite of Flavour!
Whether you’re a lover of traditional Indian or Arabian cuisine, or are just looking to broaden your culinary repertoire, the unique flavors and textures of Bread Halwa guarantee an unforgettable experience. Rounded off beautifully with creamy milk, subtly sweet white sugar, and the crunch of almonds, this rich dessert is an explosion of flavor.
What’s more, Bread Halwa is a great way to use up day-old bread, making it a great thrifty dish. Its Arabic counterpart, Umm Ali, has been around for centuries and is considered a Ramadan staple in many countries; Bread Halwa can be seen as a modernized interpretation of the classic dish.
Be it as part of a saatvik spread or as an after-dinner treat, Bread Halwa is sure to please the toughest of critics! Why not try it today and discover its extraordinary taste? It’s simply heavenly!