Introducing Avantis Bread – A Deliciously Light and Satisfying Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and light bread recipe, Avantis Bread is the answer! This bread has a delightful malty flavor that transports you to the sun-soaked island of Sicily and the fresh-baked breads of the region. It’s a great way to enjoy a meal, breakfast or dinner, that is both flavor-packed and lighter than traditional breads.
Avantis bread utilizes a combination of simple ingredients and a unique baking process to create its distinctive flavor and texture. This recipe also mixes cultural influences from Sicily with more traditional baking techniques for an unique Italian-style bread recipe. It’s an excellent way to experience new flavors and incorporate some Italian flair into one of your favorite meal-time dishes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame or poppy seeds, or a combination of both (optional)
- Mix together the warm water with the yeast and sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and olive oil. Gradually add in the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes and then cover the dough and let it rest for an hour.
- After the dough has rested, punch it down and roll it out into a flat rectangle the size of the baking sheet you intend to use.
- Using a fork, prick the surface of the dough and then top with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is lightly golden-brown.
- Remove bread from oven and let it cool on a baking rack before serving.
Avantis Bread is a delicious and satisfying option for any bread-lover. Aside from its unique cultural influences, this bread has a lighter texture than other breads, meaning you won’t be weighed down while eating. Whether you are baking this bread to share over dinner with family and friends, or if you’re looking for a special breakfast option, Avantis bread is a great choice. Experiment with other Italian bread recipes like rosemary focaccia or torta di ceci, or branch out and explore other world-breads like naan, chapati, and injera.