Vegetable Orzo Soup – A Flavorful Vegetarian Dish
There’s nothing like a bowl of hearty vegetable soup when you’re in need of comfort food. But why not mix it up and try something new? Vegetable Orzo Soup is like a hug in a bowl – it’s savory, rich and absolutely delicious.
This flavorful vegetarian soup is incredibly easy to make and perfect for Meatless Mondays. It’s packed with healthy vegetables like squash, carrots and spinach and the orzo adds a wonderful burst of flavor. This dish is an exciting twist on the classic veggie soup and has many cultural influences, making it a unique experience for your taste buds.
There’s nothing like the smells of a pot of soup simmering on the stove. The aroma of this soup will fill your house with comfort and, although it’s not a traditional Italian dish, there’s a hint of Italian-inspired flavors like parsley, oregano and red pepper flakes.
Everyone from novices to experienced cooks can whip up this delicious soup in minutes. There’s no need for fancy equipment and the ingredients are affordable and easy to find.
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 small shallots, diced
– 2 cups diced white potatoes
– 2 cups diced butternut squash
– 2 large carrots, diced
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
– 1 cup of Orzo pasta
– 4 cups of baby spinach
– 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Add potatoes, squash, carrots, broth, oregano, parsley, thyme and red pepper flakes.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in orzo pasta and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
6. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes until wilted.
7.Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Feel free to switch up the vegetables to your liking or add some cooked chicken for a non-vegetarian version of this soup.
Vegetable Orzo Soup is the perfect vegetarian recipe for any day of the week. It brings together the flavors of classic veggie soup but with a unique twist. Healthy, delicious and satisfying, try this delightful dish and make Meatless Mondays something to really look forward to.