Tickle your taste buds with this anti-cancer soup!
Let’s face it: cancer’s a scary word. But surrounding yourself with healthy meals is one of the best defenses against cancer.
This tasty anti-cancer soup is made with cancer-fighting ingredients, and will make your body happy. The combination of some of the world’s healthiest ingredients – onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and ginger – results in a hearty and flavorful soup that packs a nutritional punch.
Bringing cultures together
For this unique soup, we’re combining the flavours of East and West. Alongside the classic western vegetables, we have shiitake mushrooms, konbu broth, and red miso for an Eastern touch.
Ginger makes an appearance too; its anti-inflammatory properties help to prevent cancer from spreading. Plus, it adds a beautiful depth of flavor unbeatable by any other spice.
Time to get cooking!
Here’s what you’ll need for this anti-cancer soup:
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 sliced onions
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 large sliced carrot
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of konbu broth
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and carrots, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, miso paste, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, sugar, and konbu broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil and reduce the heat to low, cooking for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.
More than just a soup
This anti-cancer soup is so much more than just a delicious meal – it’s about taking care of your body, and equipping it with a powerful defence against cancer. And if you’re looking for more healthy recipes like this one, try