Transform Your Kitchen Into An Autumn Wonderland With This Divine Pumpkin Soup Recipe Without Cream
Ahh Autumn, the season that cozies us up with the warm comfort of its flavors, spices and ingredients. Pumpkin is one of the many autumnal staples that we adore and this recipe will absolutely show you why. The sweet and creamy nature of this soup without the heaviness of cream will turn your kitchen into an autumnal wonderland in an instant!
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1/2 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 15-oz cans pumpkin puree
• 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the pumpkin puree, curry powder, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
3. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can blend it in batches in a blender or food processor.
5. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
This delectable and nourishing pumpkin soup without cream is sure to keep you warm and comfy throughout the cool and cozy fall evenings. Taking inspiration from Middle Eastern, Indian and North African cuisines, this homemade version is a truly unique take on the classic recipe. The pumpkin and spices are both subtle yet dominant, offering you a myriad of flavors that mingle wonderfully together, making for a quite magical experience. Make it for a cozy family dinner, or to surprise your guests, this special pumpkin soup without cream brings warmth and comfort to any occasion!
Looking for other inspiring autumn recipes? This quick and easy pumpkin chili dish is sure to warm your heart and soul – just like many other delightful fall recipes full of flavor and character. Enjoy, and happy cooking!