Tyler Florence’s Deliciously Rich Banana Bread
If you’re craving something sweet and comforting, one of the best things you can make is Tyler Florence’s banana bread! This classic bake, thanks to its key ingredients of bananas, sugar, and butter, is a comfort food favorite for sure. Plus, it’s deceptively easy to make — you don’t need to be a baking guru to whip up a batch!
This timeless recipe has been tweaked by Tyler Florence himself to become bursting with flavor and goodness. The natural sweetness of bananas, with the buttery richness of ground almonds, create a magical flavor combination. Plus, feisty hints of ground cinnamon bring this loaf of banana bread to life.
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
– ¾ cup sugar
– ½ cup ground almonds
– 6 tablespoons butter melted
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 large eggs
– ⅓ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until creamy.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, ground almonds, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add the butter and eggs to the mashed banana and whisk until combined.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
6. Gently fold in the buttermilk until just combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice and serve warm with a dollop of butter and a mug of steaming coffee or tea. Enjoy!
Tyler Florence’s banana bread is sure to be a hit when served to friends and family. With its tender texture, delicious flavor, and hint of cinnamon, it’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Plus, it’s an excellent way to use up those ripe bananas and put a new spin on an old classic. So don’t wait – get baking!