Thai Khao Pad
Traditional Thai fried rice, or Khao Pad, is a great dish for any time of the year. It’s savory, full of flavor, and easy to make. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and uses common ingredients that can be easily found in any pantry. Try this quick and easy recipe for a taste of Thai cuisine in your very own kitchen.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 shallot, minced
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 4 cups cooked jasmine or Basmati rice
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
• 2 green onion, white parts minced, green parts thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup frozen peas
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and shallot and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the beaten eggs and stir to scramble for about 1 minute.
4. Add the cooked rice and all remaining ingredients (soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chili flakes, green onion, bell pepper, and peas).
5. Cook until everything is well combined, stirring frequently.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro. Enjoy!