A Deliciously Fragrant Chicken Pulao Recipe
Do you love the smell of fragrant spices wafting through your kitchen? If so, then this Chicken Pulao recipe will be right up your alley!
Chicken Pulao is a traditional South Asian dish that combines tender pieces of chicken with fragrant basmati rice and a medley of spices. It is an incredibly flavorful dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as part of an array of side dishes.
This recipe has been passed down through generations and has been adapted over time to include different ingredients and cooking methods. The result is an aromatic, delicious dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional) – 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
– 4 cups chicken broth or water – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces – Salt and pepper to taste – Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder, and chili powder (if using). Cook for another minute until fragrant.
3. Add the rice and stir to coat with the spices. Pour in the chicken broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan with a lid, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Uncover the pan and add the chicken pieces; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover again with lid and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
5. Fluff with a fork before serving; garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
This Chicken Pulao recipe is easy to make yet packed full of flavor! The combination of spices give it an irresistible aroma while still being light enough not to overpower any accompanying dishes you may serve alongside it such as raita or chutney. Plus it’s great for meal prepping – just double or triple up on ingredients if you want leftovers for later in the week!
If you’re looking for something similar but perhaps less spicy then why not try out our Coconut Rice Pilaf recipe? Or if you’d like something more indulgent then try our Biryani recipe – either way you won’t be disappointed!