Sicilian Taralli Cookie Recipe
Nothing says “Welcome!” to friends and family like a plate of Sicilian Taralli Cookies. This traditional Italian biscuit is beloved for its delightful crunch, as well as its subtle burst of sweetness. Enjoyed by generations, this delectable snack brings a taste of authentic Italian flair whenever it’s served.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, olive oil, baking powder, salt, and anise until fully blended.
- Add the warm water and white wine and mix to combine.
- Knead the dough until it forms a thick ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into manageable sections and roll into thin ropes. Cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and roll it into a ball, pressing it against the table to flatten it. Lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool before enjoying with family and friends!
These crunchy, golden-brown Sicilian Taralli Cookies are definitely a crowd-pleaser. With its unique combination of sweet and savory ingredients, this classic Italian treat is sure to be the star of any gathering. Plus, the blissful burst of anise and sesame seeds gives your palate a hint of something special. What’s more, you can bake this delectable biscuit within 30 minutes, making it the perfect go-to when hosting a holiday get-together.
If you enjoy this traditional Taralli biscuit, be sure to check out other Italian biscuit recipes such as Amaretti, Biscotti di Prato, and Spumoni. These delightful desserts are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth any time of year. Buon Appetito!