School Kine Cookies: A Sweet and Simple Recipe
Are you craving a sweet treat on a crisp day? Do you want a little something comforting, yet simple to make? If so, then we have the perfect dish for you – School Kine Cookies! The soft, chewy texture of these delicious morsels is melt-in-your-mouth perfection.
These cookies have roots in the islands. An old-fashioned recipe, it has been brought to the mainland and adapted to suit everyone’s taste buds. A flavourful combination of crunchy macadamia nuts and creamy white chocolate chips, these cookies will be a hit with the whole family.
So let’s start baking! Enjoy this simple recipe for School Kine Cookies.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup melted butter
½ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugars. Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
6. Using a teaspoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
School Kine Cookies are a delicious combination of chewy and crunchy, sweet and salty. With a blend of traditional Hawaiian ingredients, you can bring a taste of the islands to your home. Enjoy these memorable cookies with a hot cup of tea or a cold glass of milk. No matter how you choose to serve School Kine Cookies, you’ll be sure to have a treat that’s as comforting as it is scrumptious.