Make Some Delicious Persimmon Bread for an Evening Treat!
If you’re looking for something sweet to add to your evening routine, try this recipe for Persimmon Bread! This fragrantly spiced bread will tantalize your taste buds and fill your home with its autumnal aroma. It’s not just delicious – it’s packed with antioxdiants and packed with nutritional value!
The star of this recipe is the fresh persimmon. Native to East Asia, its sweet yet tart flavour lends itself to many dishes, and persimmon bread is no exception. The unusual texture and the variety of health benefits are what makes this bread stand out.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, somehow beaten
- 1 cup mashed persimmon
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to combine butter and sugars. Add eggs, persimmon, and milk; mix well. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
Enjoy Wonderful Comfort Food with Persimmon Bread
You’ll love the combination of flavours from the spices and sweet persimmon. Enjoy a slice of this persimmon bread on its own or with butter for a wonderful evening treat.
For a unique twist, why not try adding some of your favourite nuts and fruits for extra texture and flavour. This recipe is incredibly versatile and can easily be customized by adding different ingredients.
Not only is persimmon bread delicious, but also it’s extremely nutritious. The persimmon is packed with antioxidants and other nutritional benefits, making it the perfect guilt-free treat.
So if you’re looking for a comforting autumnal treat or just looking to explore a new flavour combination, this persimmon bread recipe is sure to keep you coming back for more.