Hearty Peasant Soup – An Exquisite Dish with European Flair
Are you looking for a hearty and comforting meal that pays homage to its European roots? Look no further than Peasant Soup, a delicious and unique medley of flavours and aromas.
This exquisite dish is a fusion of simple ingredients and traditional cooking methods. It is the perfect combination of comfort and culture, fusing together hearty potatoes, fresh vegetables and a variety of seasonings to make an unforgettable soup.
– 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2 large potatoes, diced
– 1 large carrot, diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 6 cups of vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
– 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, potatoes, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
3. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer, reducing heat to low.
4. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Serve the soup hot in individual bowls, with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top.
This timeless soup hails all the way from Italy and dates back centuries. I remember coming back from a summer trip to Italy and my grandmother had prepared a batch of this soup. I traveled back through time with each sip of the soup. Such exquisite flavours laced with a hint of familiarity and nostalgia made the meal ever so special!
So the next time you’re in search of an Italian-inspired meal that is full of flavour and comfort, give Peasant Soup a try! You’ll be sure to delight your family and friends with this incredible culinary creation.