Authentic Pandan Cookie Recipe
Are you in the mood for something a little exotic? If so, why not give Pandan Cookies a go. This traditional Southeast Asian recipe uses a tropical leaf called Pandan, to infuse these drool-worthy pastries with a unique and delicious flavor!
If you’ve never cooked with pandan before, you’re in for a treat. This dried leaf emits an incredible scent and a gently sweet flavor that pairs beautifully with the other ingredients in this recipe. Let’s take a look at the steps needed to create these incredible treats.
• 4 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons of baking powder
• ¾ cup of coconut milk
• 1 cup of granulated sugar
• 2-4 tablespoons of pandan extract
• 2 tablespoons of melted butter
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 egg
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, coconut milk, pandan extract, and egg.
4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until the dough is firm.
5. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/3-inch thickness.
6. Cut the dough into 2-inch circles and place them on a greased baking tray.
7. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
In addition to taking its flavor cues from pandan, this recipe also incorporates tasty coconut milk and toasty sugar. All these ingredients work together to create an intensely aromatic, fragrant and utterly delicious treat. If you’re throwing a dinner party, why not prepare these as a dessert? They’re sure to impress.
For a twist on this traditional Southeast Asian recipe, you could add chopped nuts, raisins or diced canned fruit. However you choose to assemble your cookies, this recipe is simple, fun and sure to leave a lasting impression. So if you’re in the mood for delicious and exotic treats, why not try out this Pandan Cookie recipe?