Mediterranean Diet Bread – An Easy and Delicious Recipe
Are you looking to enrich your diet with some healthy Mediterranean ingredients? Look no further than this Mediterranean Diet Bread! This hearty and delicious bread pairs traditional Mediterranean ingredients with a unique twist of aromatic olive oil and distinctive herbs like oregano, thyme, and basil. That unique mix of flavors and spices will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, this dish is incredibly easy to make!
– 4 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tbsps sugar
– 2 packages dry active yeast
– 1 1/2 cups warm milk
– 2 tbsps olive oil
– 2 tsps salt
– 1 1/2 tsps oregano
– 1/2 tsp thyme
– 1/2 tsp basil
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and yeast.
3. Pour in the milk and mix until a soft dough forms.
4. Knead the dough until it is smooth, then transfer to a greased bowl.
5. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down the dough, and turn onto floured surface.
7. Shape the dough into a round loaf, and place in a greased, 9 inch round pan.
8. Cover the pan with a damp cloth and let rise for another hour.
9. Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, salt, oregano, thyme and basil.
10. Brush the top of the dough with the olive oil mixture.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
This Mediterranean Diet Bread is a fantastic dish to include in your diet. Use it as the vehicle for a healthy sandwich, a side dish to your favorite Mediterranean dishes, or as a tasty snack. The variations in ingredients, herbs, and spices make this bread stand out. Customize it to suit your tastes and make sure it fits in with the other dishes you are serving. With origins in Spain, Italy and surrounding regions, this bread is truly a celebration of the heart and soul of the Mediterranean diet. Bon Appetit!