Marie Calendar’s Melt-in-Your-Mouth Corn Bread
If you’re looking for a quick, scrumptious and comforting treat, then it’s time to whip up a batch of Marie Calendar’s corn bread. This delectable bread is a combination of golden-brown, buttery crumb and lively sweetness from corn kernels and brown sugar, making it an incredibly flavorful treat. It’s an incredibly versatile dish that can be served both savory and sweet. Serve it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or with chili; the combination of flavors will make your taste buds sing!
– 2 cups corn meal
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ cup sugar
– ½ cup butter, melted
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with butter.
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the corn meal, baking powder, and sugar until combined.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk until thoroughly combined.
4. Gradually add the corn meal mixture to the butter mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Fold in the corn kernels.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Marie Calendar’s corn bread is a genuine Southern classic and doesn’t just have to be reserved for holidays. The corn kernels give this dish an amazing in-season flavor that is both subtle and bold. Additionally, the buttermilk and brown sugar really add a wonderful depth of flavor that pairs nicely with traditional Southern flavors such as jalapeño cheese grits. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Marie Calendar’scorn bread is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Whip it up for your next gathering and you’ll have people begging for a second helping.