King Arthur Bread – A Royal Recipe Fit for a King
A crusty and savory bread that would make any ruler proud, King Arthur bread is a classic recipe inspired by the one and only King Arthur. This royal bread has a rich history steeped in tradition and culture and can easily be prepared in the comfort of your own kitchen! With a few simple ingredients and a simple method, you can be the ruler of this bread in no time.
When it comes to elements that give King Arthur bread its unique flavor, there are few more important than the combination of all-purpose flour, sugar, and yeast. What sets King Arthur bread apart from other breads is its distinct use of enriched dough to achieve a perfect crunchiness and fluffiness, thanks to the addition of butter and eggs.
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 ¼ teaspoons of yeast
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons of milk
• 2 heaping teaspoons of salt
1. Start by combining the all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast, butter and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Mix together until it forms a smooth dough.
3. Slowly add the milk and salt, mixing together until the dough is soft and moist.
4. Once the dough is prepared, transfer it onto a greased surface, kneading and folding it together until it forms a cohesive ball.
5. Cover the dough and let it rise for about one hour, or until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
7. Place the dough onto the baking sheet, shaping it into a circular shape and lightly scoring with a few slits to form a crown of sorts.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown in color.
9. Once done, cool the bread before slicing and serving!
This classic and easy-to-make bread is a versatile one and goes well with virtually any side dish. Whether you are looking to make a scrumptious sandwiches or simply enjoy a slice of freshly-baked bread, it is sure to meet and exceed your expectations. Be sure to pair this with a creamy butter or slice of cheese for the perfect accompaniment.
If you are feeling adventurous, feel free to experiment with the original recipe and add your favorite herbs and vegetables for a flavor-packed pinch. For example, why not add olives or cheddar cheese to the mix for an extraordinary twist? So if you are looking for a delicious and truly royal recipe, King Arthur Bread is guaranteed to please!