Delight in the Juicy Tang of Jiyu Tang Soup
Is it possible to enjoy a healthy meal that’s both both flavorful and nourishing? With Jiyu Tang Soup, the answer is definitely yes! This delicious recipe will tantalize your taste buds with its succulent blend of aromas and flavors.
* 1/2 pound poultry or pork, sliced
* 4 ounces of fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 2 green onions, diced
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice wine
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 2-3 cups of chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. Heat a generous amount of sesame oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, carrots, mushrooms and green onions. Cook for about two minutes, stirring as needed.
3. Add the chicken or pork and cook for another five minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
4. Add the soy sauce, rice wine, and chicken broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Combine the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and mix until smooth. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup pot and stir until the broth thickens.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
This simple yet delightful soup is sure to be a hit with its succulent meat, mushrooms, and fresh vegetables. Try it as a main dish served with steamed rice, or as a beverage as part of an Asian feast. The unique combination of soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil offers a complexity of flavors that’s sure to leave you satisfied.
For another interesting take on Asian soups, try a bowl of Burmese coconut soup. This dish takes a different direction, using a mixture of creamy coconut milk and fragrant spices to take you on a flavor journey. For yet another option, give Indonesian Tom Yam Soup a try. This juicy soup uses plenty of herbs and spices to craft an exquisite taste experience.
Why settle for the same old soup recipes? Impress your family, friends and yourself with a steaming bowl of Jiyu Tang Soup!