Tantalizing Ina Garten Banana Bread
Deliciousness, meet Quickness – that’s all that separates you from a warm and fragrant freshly-baked pan of Ina Garten banana bread. This easy-to-follow recipe brings together a medley of tantalizing flavors that’s sure to please the entire family.
Impressively versatile, the traditional banana bread variation of this recipe goes to show that an adaptable base can be used to create all kinds of creative concoctions. But why settle when you can have the classic? Let’s see what makes this recipe as flavorful as it is straightforward.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
– 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 extra-large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, blend the melted butter and mashed bananas with an electric hand mixer. Add the sugar and mix until just combined.
4. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the vanilla, lemon zest, and dry ingredients.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out dry.
6. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn the bread out onto a baking rack to cool completely.
Once you’ve finished baking your Ina Garten banana bread, it’ll be just about perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even when the sweet cravings strike. This tender, moist loaf is bursting with flavor from ripe bananas, lemon zest, butter, and vanilla which make it truly one-of-a-kind. The slight sweetness that lingers with the warm notes of butter, gives the loaf an irresistible aroma and easy decadence.
When your Ina Garten banana bread is fully cooled and ready to be devoured, why not take it one step further and top it with a dollop of whipped cream or Greek yogurt? You can even take it up a notch by throwing in some chocolate chips, chopped nuts or even coconut flakes.
Just remember that it’s ok to get creative and make the recipe your own. With its subtle combination of flavors, Ina Garten’s banana bread is the perfect base for exploring your baking prowess.