Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Egg fried rice is a classic dish every home cook should master. This simple but delicious dish is tried and true, and makes for a great meal any time of the day. Egg fried rice is perfect for using up leftover rice and makes for an easy, flavorful dinner.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 2 chopped green onions • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add eggs and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring until scrambled.
- Add rice and green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, frozen peas and soy sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe shared courtesy of Amibitious Kitchen.