Banana Bread; easy and delicious
Craving something sweet and comforting, but don’t want all the fuss that comes with traditional baking methods? Then try this easy banana bread recipe without baking soda! This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for a quick snack or dessert – and best of all, doesn’t require any baking soda!
The perfect combination of crisp edges and a succulent center produces the ideal texture in this recipe. Bites of sweet bananas, succulent pecans, and a hint of warming cinnamon makes it an irresistible treat.
This particular version of banana bread swaps out the baking soda and replaces it with baking powder – so no need to worry about changes in the texture or flavor. The added benefit? An even more delicious and fluffy texture that melts in your mouth. And the recipe is vegan too, so it’s a great one for those who are avoiding animal products.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with butter or oil and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix until blended and set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, mash the bananas using a potato masher or fork until they are mostly smooth. Add in the oil, sugar, and pecans (if using) and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey or a scoop of ice cream.
So the next time you are in the mood for something sweet and comforting but don’t want to spend tons of time baking, try this easy banana bread recipe! The quick cooking time and no-bake methods make it an ideal treat for busy days when you want something that tastes like it took days to make. Plus, it’s vegan friendly and uses simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. What could be easier than that?