The Double Banana Bread Recipe: Soft and Sweet with a Hint of Pecans
Banana bread has been a classic staple for home-bakers for many years, and it’s easy to see why. It is moist, sweet and fruity, requiring few ingredients and only a small amount of time in the oven. If you are looking for an exciting twist on this classic, then this double banana bread recipe is the one for you!
The secret to a delicious double banana bread lies in the balance of sweet and savory; loaded with two kinds of banana and a handful of pecans, this bread gives you a unique combination of flavors that will make your taste buds go wild! The tartness of the pecans contrasts with the ripe banana flavor, and creates a perplexing yet delicious burst of flavor that keeps you going for more.
This double banana bread recipe is even easier and quicker to make than the original. With just a few simple steps, you can have a rich and velvety loaf of bread. Nobody will be able to resist that tantalizing smell and the sweet, banana-infused pieces that come out the oven!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt/buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter/coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a loaf pan with butter/coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt/buttermilk, melted butter/coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas and whisk until fully combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and the pecans until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before slicing and serving.
Don’t forget to top off each delicious slice of double banana bread with a dollop of honey. Serve up this dish during any special occasion, brunch, or just in your regular meal rotation. Or, you could offer it up as a generous holiday gift – your friends are sure to love it! There’s no doubt that once you try this recipe, double banana bread will become one of your family’s favorite comfort foods.