Treat Your Taste Buds to Doodle Soup
How many times have you wished for a magical dish that’s hearty, delicious and yet easy to make? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you – Doodle Soup! This scrumptious soup is a unique blend of traditional American and Chinese flavors, making it a sure hit for your next meal.
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 cups carrots, sliced
• 1 cup onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
• 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 cups cooked noodles
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 5 – 7 minutes.
3. Stir in five-spice powder and black pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add chicken or vegetable broth and soy sauce, bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add cooked noodles and cook for another 5 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through.
6. Serve warm.
This irresistible soup is oh-so-flavorful thanks to the combination of fresh ginger, Chinese five-spice, and soy sauce. Plus, it’s a breeze to prepare in just 30 minutes! And because it’s broth- and noodle-based, the soup is both filling and comforting. If you’re looking for something to shake up your meal routine, give Doodle Soup a try. You won’t regret it!
For those of you who’d like to take the flavor up a notch, we suggest adding a few drops of sesame oil or a splash of dry sherry while cooking. To make a vegan version, just replace the chicken or vegetable broth with vegan broth and you’re good to go.
Our Doodle Soup is inspired by the classic Wonton Noodle Soup. But unlike the traditional recipe, ours is truly a one-pot meal – no fuss and no mess. So, let’s get cooking and enjoy this deliciousness!