Cinnamon Chip Bread: A Sweet, Spiced Treat
Are you looking for a delicious way to start your day? This cinnamon chip bread is sure to satisfy! A pleasing combination of sweet spices, irresistible cinnamon chips and classic baking techniques, this breakfast or dessert loaf is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together granulated sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly mix in the yogurt and then the flour mixture, just until combined and all streaks of the dry ingredients have been absorbed.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and pour in the batter. Spread to even out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Why You’ll Love This Cinnamon Chip Bread!
This heavenly cinnamon chip bread recipe is a modern take on a classic treat. Reminiscent of the traditional Hungarian gulyás cake with its mix of sweet and savory spices and unexpected ingredients, this recipe is sure to be a classic in your home.
The subtle sweetness of the cinnamon chips paired with the robust flavor of the freshly-ground spices ensures your tastebuds will be tantalized. The moist, fluffy texture of the bread is further complimented by the crunch of the chips. A truly delectable delight for breakfast, brunch, dessert or snack time!
Try this recipe and let us know how you like it. Share with us your own variations or personal recipes!