Chinese Mongolian Beef Recipe
Mongolian beef is a classic dish from Beijing, China. It’s made by stir-frying marinated slices of beef in a sweet and savory sauce. This easy-to-make recipe is loaded with flavor and is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 lb flank steak (or any thinly-sliced beef)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Cut the steak into thin slices, took it to a bowl and sprinkle it with cornstarch. Toss together to coat we’ve beef completely in cornstarch.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar and set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic, ginger, and beef and cook until beef is slightly browned. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and beef is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
This Chinese Mongolian Beef recipe is easy to make and is full of so much flavor. Thanks to the marinade and sauce, the beef is incredibly tender. You can adjust the sweetness and spiciness of the dish depending on your preference. Serve it with white rice and you’ll have a delicious meal that will make your family happy. Then, sit back and enjoy the praises you receive as everyone digs in to dinner.