Mongolian beef is a popular Asian-style dish that is quick, easy, and full of flavor. The savory marinade and juicy beef combine to make a dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal or a dinner party. It’s no wonder that this recipe has been a family favorite for decades!
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Add the beef to the mixture and stir to coat. Let the beef marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the marinated beef to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened and the beef is cooked through.
- Serve the Mongolian beef over steamed rice or noodles.
Mongolian beef is a classic dish that has stood the test of time. This simple recipe is a great way to bring a little bit of Asian flavor to your table. It’s a dish that your family and friends are sure to love!