Delicious Chicken Fritatta Recipe
When it comes to classic Italian dishes, few dishes can rival the deliciousness of a Chicken Fritatta. Brought to life by the classic Italian flavors of garlic, thyme, and parmesan, this take on the original omelette is full of texture, complexity, and warmth. With each bite, you’ll get a burst of all the classic Italian seasonings, and the combination of egg and chicken make this a hearty treat you’ll want to share.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– ½ teaspoon dried thyme
– Red pepper flakes, to taste
– ½ cup diced yellow onion
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch ovenproof skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, and onion. Cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add the chicken broth and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add Parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
7. Add the eggs and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased skillet. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the fritatta is golden brown and puffy around the edges.
10. Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you love Italian cuisine, then this Chicken Fritatta is a must-have for your menu. Its savory, delicious flavors combine the best of fresh herbs and cheese, making it a great meal to enjoy with friends and family. It’s also a great way to use leftover chicken or vegetables, as you can easily add or substitute different ingredients to suit your taste. Serve with a fresh salad and your favorite Italian bread, and you have a meal that can’t be beat.