Experience The Delight Of Cachupa Soup
If you’re looking for an easy to prepare, highly flavorful and nutritious dish, then look no further than cachupa soup. This traditional Cape Verdean dish is a rich, hearty stew of beans, vegetables and tubers simmered in a slow-cooked tomato-based broth.
Cachupa is bursting with flavor from the combination of flavoursome ingredients such as onion, garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, chorizo sausage, sweet potatoes, kale and corn. The smokiness of the chorizo and the sweetness of the sweet potatoes add complex layers of flavour to the stew.
This is a comforting and filling meal that’s perfect for the colder months. It’s a great option for feeding a crowd since it serves up with plenty of nutritious nutrition without breaking the bank. Plus, it’s easy to make and leave to simmer while you attend to other tasks.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 large diced onion
• 1 sliced bell pepper
• 2 cloves of chopped garlic
• 2 diced tomatoes
• 1 cup of cooked kidney beans
• 1 cup of chopped chorizo sausage
• 1 diced sweet potato
• ½ cup of chopped kale
• ¼ cup of corn
• 8 cups of vegetable broth
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the kidney beans, chorizo sausage, sweet potato, kale and corn and stir until combined.
5. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy this heartwarming and nourishing cachupa soup. The slow-cooked tomato-based broth and hearty combination of savory and sweet flavors make it a distinguished dish. You will savor every bite of this filling and flavorful dish that is sure to stir the taste buds.
This savory stew is a great way to use left-over vegetables or whatever you have in your fridge. Whether served as a main meal or as a side, cachupa soup is sure to be a hit. It is a unique, genuine and easy to prepare dish that will transport you to a different era of sustenance. Try cachupa today and experience a taste of the Cape Verdean past.