Better Homes and Gardens Banana Bread
Banana bread is a staple comfort food, but with the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens you can take it to a whole new level! This delicious and aromatic banana bread is going to be the best you’ve ever tried. It’s a mix of classic flavors, with a few special elements that give it an unforgettable taste.
To make Better Homes and Gardens Banana Bread you will need:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 2 large eggs
– ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
– ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
– 2 cups mashed bananas
– ½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the brown sugar. Beat until smooth.
4. Slowly add the melted butter to the sugar and egg mixture and stir until combined.
5. Add the mashed banana and stir until combined.
6. Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until there are no lumps.
7. Fold in the walnuts, then pour the batter into the greased pan.
8. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
9. Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy your delicious Better Homes and Gardens Banana Bread! The walnuts add an earthy crunch, while the brown sugar holds the whole thing together with a warm sweetness. The cinnamon imparts an extra depth of flavor, while the banana shines through. Subtly spiced and supremely scrumptious, this delectable morsel is a recipe that you’ll want to add to your go-to collection.
Try the classic recipe first and then explore other variations like adding chocolate chips or chopped dates. You could also use agave nectar in place of the brown sugar for a healthier spin on this classic. Give the Better Homes and Gardens Banana Bread a try and save a slice for me!