Welcome, bread lovers, to the ultimate banana bread experience: a moist, sweet, and flavorful loaf with a crunchy golden exterior. That said, I’m sure you’re ready to get started and whip up a batch of best banana bread.
Before getting started, let me take a moment to highlight some of the unique aspects of this recipe: it references both classic American and Latin American culinary traditions; and it uses unusual ingredients like honey and ground chia seeds that help it stand out from the crowd.
This recipe is a result of many trial and error experiments to harness the science behind the perfect banana bread. Over time I’ve mastered the art of the ratio of wet-to-dry ingredients, baking time and temperature.
Now, let’s get to it. Here’s what you’ll need for this easy-to-make and delicious loaf of banana bread:
- 3 ripe medium-sized bananas
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of ground chia seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas by using a fork or a hand mixer
3. Add the melted butter, honey, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to mix these ingredients until they are well combined.
4. Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and chia seeds. Mix until blended.
5. Slowly add the all-purpose flour and mix until dough is thick and consistent.
6. Grease or line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper then carefully add the dough into it. Make sure to level out the dough.
7. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe for the Best Banana Bread has been a favorite in my family for years. We’ve all enjoyed the delightful taste of a crunchy exterior combined with a moist, spongy inside. This recipe is an excellent canvas for experimentation and creativity. You can add different spices, nuts or even chocolate chips to create an entirely new flavor.
If you’re looking for more banana recipes, try our Banana Nut Muffins. They are a delicious combination of cinnamon and nutmeg and are the perfect breakfast treat.
We guarantee you will love this recipe. Invite your friends, family, neighbours or anyone else who loves great banana bread to come over and indulge in this moist treat. We hope you enjoy your Best Banana Bread!